Tuesday 19 May 2015

Deliciously Ella review.


I'd heard a few bloggers talking about Deliciously Ella, so as part of my health kick, I had a look at her website. Now, cooking is definitely not my thing, so why am I suddenly obsessed with a food blog? Ella's blog and book are all about healthy eating and a plant-based, gluten-free diet. The recipes looked really delicious, and so I bought the book. I think the difference with Ella is that her food is actually delicious, and isn't salad after salad or something with meat and fish, that I'd have to start finding replacements for. It's the only cookbook I've ever had that I can eat every ingredient in every recipe as everything is vegan and gluten-free.

The recipes are really easy to follow too - no fiddly complicated steps that I don't understand, and the raw recipes (and ones using pans) means people like me who can't work an oven very well are covered. I've tried a few of the smoothies already and they're absolutely delicious! I've also ordered a lot of other ingredients so that I can make some more of Ella's recipes - particularly the brownies and quinoa bowls! And I'm also determined to improve my cooking skills - and I think this might be the way I can do that!

I'm actually really enjoying healthy eating, and am feeling so much better for it! It's a little weird really, Ella started eating this way to cure an illness, which is why I started changing my diet and restricting calories almost 3 years ago. This may be a little too TMI, but I suffered from an unknown illness that doctors can't work out, where basically my metabolism doesn't work and I have severe IBS that can only be controlled by diet, as the tablets didn't work. In the last 3 weeks I've been eating like Ella, I've been almost pain free and lost more weight than usual, so as you can probably imagine, I'm thrilled!

Now, I haven't cut out all dairy, gluten and goodies, but I've cut them down to about 15-20% of my diet, which is working well for me. I might, in the future, cut them out completely, but I didn't want to do anything too drastic, as sometimes, that can set my illness off.

If you're thinking of trying healthy eating, or just fancy some tasty food without any guilt, I'd highly recommend Ella's book and blog. Even if you're not vegan (I'm vegetarian) I'm sure you'll enjoy these recipes!

I'll keep you posted on my healthy eating and cooking - and if any of my creations are photo-worthy, I'll share them with you! x

No comments:

Post a Comment