Saturday 30 May 2015

elf. Studio eyeshadow review.





elf Studio single eyeshadow in purple passion*

I was recently sent this little single eyeshadow to review from Beauty Product Testing UK. I've used a couple of elf products in the past, and have been really impressed with them. Elf is a really affordable drugstore brand, and is perfect if you're just getting into makeup or are experimenting with new looks. 

You probably all know by now that I never wear coloured eyeshadow. I'm a neutral girl, and this shade, although it's a gorgeous and very pigmented purple, isn't something I'd have bought myself. I tried out a couple of looks with this, but the one that was most 'me' was a subtle purple liner look. I added a small amount of the purple shadow along the upper and lower lash line, and then added a black winged liner, as this really makes the colour stand out. I really love this look, and it's an easy way to wear colour if you're more of a neutral girl. 

This shade also looks amazing as a purple smoky eye, which would be lovely for an evening look!

The formulation of the eyeshadow is really good, it's pigmented, blends well and is a very vibrant shade. The packaging is compact and really nice (especially for the money) and even has a mini mirror in the lid. 

These elf shadows are really good, and I'd love to try some more neutral shades in the future. The Elf UK site is currently being upgraded, and I've heard that when it re-launches, they'll be stocking the American products too, so I'm excited to see that! 

Have you tried any of the elf shadows? 

*The eyeshadow was sent to me to review, however all opinions are my own and this post is not sponsored. 

2 comments:

  1. I love how you have used this shade! You're eye makeup looks gorgeous. I love it x
    han // em&han xo

    ReplyDelete