Wednesday 20 May 2015

The Balm Mary Lou Manizer.


There's been a lot of hype about this little highlighter in the beauty world recently, so I thought I better try it. I go through phases with highlighter - sometimes I use it every day, other times I'll go months without touching it, but I'm always drawn to buying highlighters and bronzers for some reason.

I've only ever tried the Balm products in Birchbox before, and I have the Frat boy blush from an old Glossybox. It's not a brand that I've tried much from, or been really interested in before, but this Mary Lou Manizer caught my attention.

I'll start with the packaging. I'm not the biggest fan of it to be honest, it's difficult to open, and I don't really like the design on the front, but it does have a handy mirror inside. The product though, is a different story.

The highlighter is very golden (looks more so in real life than on-camera) and is very shimmery. It's beautiful on the cheeks and a little goes a long way. I'm very pale and I really like this on myself, but I think it would work well on darker skintones too. The shimmer is very fine but is definitely there, it's not one of those 'glitter' highlighters, but definitely sits more towards that than dewy glow. I personally quite like a bit of shimmer, especially in the summer or in the evening. I don't reach for this everyday as it can be a little bit too shimmery, but I'm looking forward to trying it with a tan in the summer.

If you don't like shimmery highlighters, this one probably isn't for you, but if you do, I think you'll probably like it. Because it's so shimmery, it's lovely as an eyeshadow, especially if you're in a rush - I've used it all over the lid with a bit of bronzer in the crease.

As for lasting power, I haven't had any problems with this, but one thing to note, if your foundation wears off a bit, the highlight is left looking very strong. My advice - use a very small amount.

I'm a bit mixed on this one really - I like it, but I'm not sure it's the best highlighter I've ever used.

Have you tried it? What do you think?

p.s about the tooth, I should be getting it sorted tomorrow, I'm still in pain, and still on a liquid diet :(

No comments:

Post a Comment