Tuesday 26 May 2015

Styling a Summer Kimono.






Primark grey tee
Jack Wills lace top (last year) 
Levis jeans 
Zara sandals (black) 
Primark shoes (white) 
Primark sunglasses 

I absolutely love Kimonos for the summer, as they're just great to throw on with outfits, and especially as I hate my arms, they're my favourite summer staple. This floral one from bon prix's summer collection is beautiful, I love the floral print, and the tassels on the bottom give it a lovely bohemian feel. As it's quite long and oversized, it would be perfect to wear over swimwear on holiday (I don't actually own any swimwear or denim shorts, so I could't show you those options, but it would be lovely with either) or as I've worn it, over jeans and a top.

I'm wearing my jeans in both outfits, as I wear jeans all the time, but I've worn a basic tee in outfit 1, which is a very simple outfit without the kimono. Adding a patterned kimono just makes the whole outfit more interesting and you could easily add heels to take this look from day to night.

In the second outfit I'm wearing a lace top from Jack Wills. This top is super summery and I love how the lemon colour compliments the floral design of the kimono. Normally I'd be a bit conscious of wearing a sleeveless short top (as I really hate my arms) which is why a Kimono is perfect.

This kimono is super lightweight, meaning it'll be really cool in the summer, and if you're going on holiday, won't take up much room in your suitcase!

My jewellery is the same as I usually wear: Rings from The Great Frog and Michael Kors watch. (My other rings were gifts). Also, I added my Primark sunglasses, which I still can't believe were only £2! I think they make the look much more summery!

I'm also really pleased with how these photos turned out! What are your summer style staples? x

*The kimono was sent to me to feature on my blog. I chose this item from a selection. All opinions are my own and this post is not sponsored.

2 comments:

  1. Kimonos are the best! :D

    xx
    Verena
    zweivonsechs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete