Wednesday 6 May 2015

Bold metals.



Aren't these the most beautiful brushes?! There was so much hype around these when they first launched, but I wanted to see some reviews before I bought them, as they aren't cheap. After doing my research, these three brushes were the ones that most people loved and recommended. I did also want the eyeshadow brush but it was out of stock when I bought these. 

Firstly I'm a big fan of the original Real Techniques brushes, they're amazing and make up the largest part of my brush collection. These ones are on the same price and quality level as MAC brushes, but are all synthetic hair so are cruelty free/vegan friendly. I own mainly synthetic brushes but have a couple that aren't. 

The powder brush is great for its intended use, but I like using mine for bronzer, it seems to apply just the right amount, and blends seamlessly, which is really important to me. If you want to see these brushes in action by the way, they're in my makeup menu video which will be up on Sunday. 

The contour brush is similar to an Illamasqua one that I have, but is more fluffy and slightly less dense. It's perfect to contour with, and I've been using it with my new Anastasia palette that I bought from Sephora. As a newbie- contourer I've found this really easy to use and it seems to apply just enough. I was afraid that it might not blend very well, but it works fine and I'm really impressed with it. 

The blush brush is quite small for blush, and is similar to the mac 168 which is what I usually use. I find this one applies a bit less product and works equally as well for highlighter. I've been using it with my beloved Hourglass blushes and it gives a really natural finish, which I like. If it's too small for blush for you, you might like it for highlighter, and Kathleen lights (on youtube) I know likes it for concealer. 

The beauty of synthetic brushes is that they can be used with cream or powder products. I haven't tried them with cream products yet, but will report back if/when I do. 

The handles on these are beautiful, and the metallic colours are perfect. Definitely the most attractive brushes that I own! 

If you're fancying some luxury brushes I'd definitely recommend these, but if you're on more of a budget, I'd go for the original Real Techniques range! Have you tried the Bold Metals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment