Saturday 16 May 2015

Healthy Eating Update.


Apologies that today's post is a little late! The last week has been pretty hectic and I'm currently suffering from a bad toothache. I thought I'd update you on my little health kick today. I've been trying to eat healthier and doing yoga for 25 days now, and I feel so much better for it. I haven't cut out any foods completely, I've just been trying to eat mainly healthy foods (about 80-90% healthy) with just a few treats here and there. 

I've replaced a lot of my 'unhealthy' snacks with smoothies, fruit and healthy snacks made with nutritious ingredients. The nutribullet has been amazing as it's so quick and easy to use. I usually have 2 smoothies a day - 1 mid morning and 1 after yoga in the evening. I vary the ingredients all the time, sometimes I follow a recipe and sometimes I make up my own. I always try to include 50% greens - spinach is my favourite as you can't taste it at all, but kale also works well too. I then fill the rest of the smoothie cup with a combination of fruits, seeds, nuts, cacao powder, linseed, matcha powder, almond butter, and either water, almond milk or coconut milk. One everything is in the cup I just screw on the blade, and blend! 

I take my morning smoothie to work with me, and to make it quicker in the morning, I make it up the night before, pop it in the fridge and just blend it in the morning! Frozen berries are great to add to smoothies as they make a very cold refreshing drink! 

Healthy eating has also meant my weight loss has sped up a bit, as I'm eating much more 'good foods' than I was! 

I've filmed a smoothie recipe video which will be up on my channel on Thursday, and also on Tuesday I'll be reviewing the Deliciously Ella cookbook! 

Hope you all have a lovely weekend! x 











2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies and recently stopped having them and I'm not sure why. Having my own blender is so great & you've made me want to get back into being healthier with my snacks, especially as the summer is arriving.
    Amy @ Blonde Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm so glad I've inspired you to get back into healthy eating! I'm really enjoying it, and am finding I don't want 'normal' snacks anymore! x

      Delete