Tuesday 5 May 2015

Marc Jacobs - The Dreamer palette.



You may have already spotted this beauty in my Sephora haul video, but I couldn't resist taking some photos of it before I used it to share with you all! I'm a big palette fan, something about them just makes you want to buy them and I do have quite the neutral palette collection. One thing I didn't have though, was a lot of warm toned neutrals, so this palette has very nicely filled that gap. 

The shades are absolutely beautiful, especially the shimmer shades. The matte creams and dark brown are very 'normal', but ones that are so useful to have in a palette. The peach and gold shades are beautiful, and definitely my favourites. I've been using them a lot (tutorial video coming on Sunday) and I am really loving them, especially for spring and summer! 

The formulation of these shadows is a bit odd. I find that some of them can apply a little unevenly and some are a little difficult to blend. They aren't bad at all, but do take a little more work than Urban Decay shadows for example. The shadows do last very well and are really beautiful but it's not a palette I'd reach for if I was in a rush. 

I love the warm tones of this palette, and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of it in the warmer months (where are you weather?). It was expensive, and you can only get them at Sephora, which means for us in England, you can't swatch them. I'm happy I bought this, and I do think it's worth the money. The packaging is stunning, and very compact so it would be perfect for travelling too. 

If these shades aren't doing it for you, there are lots of other options! 

Have you tried any Marc Jacobs beauty? 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I would love to just swatch this palette! Unfortunatley in Brisbane there is no where to get it :(

    xx Tess Isabella - http://tessisabellabeauty.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had to order mine online from Sephora as it's not stocked in the UK either! :( x

      Delete