Tuesday 3 February 2015

Five Favourite Face Brushes


















Finding the perfect makeup brushes can be a confusing and lengthy process, an I thought that some of you may be looking for new brushes, or might just be starting to build up your collection, so I decided to do a little edit of my five favourite brushes for base products: foundation, concealer, blush, highlight, contour and bronzer. 
I think just about every blogger has this brush, and I'll be honest, I have 3. I like to use a clean foundation brush every day, and having 3 (and other brushes) means I don't have to constantly wash brushes! The shape of the buffing brush is unique, I've not found any others like it, and it just applies foundation and concealer perfectly. I've used it with loads of different base products, all varying in consistency, coverage and finish, and it's never let me down. 
Day to day, I'll just blend in my concealer with the buffing brush, but when I'm taking a bit more time, or have used my hands to apply my base products, I'll use this little brush for concealer. I find it to be the perfect size: not too big, not too small, and it just applies concealer really well. It does also work well for contouring, it's intended use, but I personally prefer something else for that. 
This one's good for both powder and bronzer. It's good for loose or pressed powders too. I use it for my everyday powder, but in summer I sometimes use it for bronzer too, to add an all over glow. It's a really soft brush too. 

I bought this to use with my Filmstar bronze and glow from Charlotte Tilbury, and it's just the best contour brush I've ever used. It's the perfect size, picks up the right amount of product, and the application is really natural. That's also down to her bronze and highlight duo, but I do love the brush with other products too. It's also great for highlighter! 
This was one of the first brushes I ever owned. I remember going to MAC in Selfridges and buying a bronzer, mineralise skin finish and this brush in my first year at uni. I absolutely loved it then, and still love it now! I use it for blush too, which it also works really well for! 
So that's my little edit of face brushes, if you'd like me to do a similar edit with other brushes, just let me know! 
Hope you're all having a lovely day! x

No comments:

Post a Comment