Saturday 28 February 2015

YouTuber Beauty Books.























You probably already know who Tanya Burr and Fleur are if you watch YouTube videos and read blogs, and chances are you already know about their new books. However, I thought I'd give them a mention and a mini review, as I know some of these kinds of things can be a bit gimmicky and not worth actually buying.

I'll start with Tanya's. Love Tanya is a bit of a weird one. It has sections about Tanya's life, beauty, fashion, hair and makeup and anxiety, and then space for you to write down your own favourites and lists. At first flick through it seems a bit of a jumbled up concept, but when you actually read it, it's really good, and has lots of information in there. I'm not sure I'll ever fill in the lists inside it, but I do think it's a lovely idea to include them. I've read most of it, and I've really enjoyed it so far. It's one of those books that you can pick up and put down at different points, and one I can see myself going back to again and again. I also like that the book has a ribbon inside which you can use as a bookmark (it sounds like a little thing, but it's actually so useful). The verdict on this one then? I'm really impressed, would recommend it, and am definitely glad that I bought it, well done Tanya!

Onto Fleur's book. This is sort of the same but different. Fleurs' The Glam Guide is more of a manual to makeup, hair, fashion and beauty, and contains lots of little tips and tricks for various things. Fleur has also tackled anxiety and self confidence, and has written a section on relationships too. It all sounds very similar to Tanyas, but the two are actually quite different. I'm really pleased that Fleur wrote the whole book herself, and you can really tell that if you've read her blog too. It's quite nostalgic for me, as Fleur was one of the first bloggers I came across and I remember watching her first video of deporting an Urban Decay primer potion, which was what inspired me to start a blog, so it's lovely to see her come so far. Maybe I'll write a book one day too! I also love the layout of this book, and the sections are very clear and again, it's a book you could pick up and put down again. The verdict? Really well written, informative and I'd definitely recommend it!

So there's my opinion on the two latest YouTuber book launches. I think it's very easily for things like this to be over-hyped, so I thought I'd do a review on them. I hope it helped if you're thinking of buying them!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! x

No comments:

Post a Comment