Wednesday 25 February 2015

Pink hair.



























So, I toned my hair pink again! I did this first at Christmas, but decided to do it again for half term. Now the title says pink hair, but technically mine is more of a pink-toned blonde.

I initially used Washed Up Mermaid from Bleach London, which is a turquoise shade, but it made my hair look very green and I really didn't like it. So I washed it out with the Bleach Washing out liquid and some head and shoulders and it didn't all come out. The Bleach London Rose shampoo and conditioner claimed to banish 'unwanted green tones' so I used them, and along with some Rose colour, it did the trick and I'm now pink instead of green. Much better.

To get my hair this colour, (if you're not getting rid of green) I just apply some of the Bleach London Rose colour after I've washed my hair as normal, leave it for about 10-15 minutes and wash off. As I was getting rid of green, I also used the Rose shampoo and conditioner, which worked really well to give a much more subtle look.

The pink completely washes out after a few washes, and doesn't leave behind any staining or weird tones. However, I really wouldn't recommend the turquoise green unless you're gonna go the whole hog and be Zoe London, which I haven't got the guts (or the right job) for.

The shampoo and conditioner are really good at maintaining the pink tones, and are an alternative to using purple shampoo for blondes. I really like them, and I'll probably re-purchase them.

I'm really loving my pink hair, and will definitely be doing it again the next time I'm on holiday! It's a fun way to get pink hair and I love the results. I also haven't had any damage to my hair from them. My hair is naturally blonde and I have bleached highlights, so the colour works well on my hair, although it works better on the bleached sections.

If you're thinking of experimenting with pink hair, or are just curious, I hope this post helped! x

No comments:

Post a Comment