Wednesday 2 December 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation




I've been using the Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation now for around a month, so today I'm sharing my thoughts on it. I use the shade 2, and set it with the Charlotte Tilbury powder in shade 1. As with all Charlotte Tilbury products, the packaging is beautiful, and the products are very high quality. 

The foundation is a medium to full coverage depending on how much you use, and gives an even coverage without looking heavy. It covers blemishes, redness and dark circles well and doesn't cling to any dry patches. I apply mine with a brush (as that's what Charlotte Tilbury uses) which works really well, but I've also tried it with a beauty blender, which gives a lighter coverage. 

There are lots of different shades, and when you order online they send you 3 samples to ensure you have the right shade before you open the bottle, which I think is a great idea. Pale foundations are really difficult to find, but shades 1 and 2 of this foundation are probably the best I've found for pale skin. 

This foundation lasts all day and I very rarely need to touch it up. I set mine with the powder, which is a beautiful finely milled setting powder that mattifies without adding dullness. Sometimes I need to touch up my powder after a few hours, but this is normal for me with any foundation or powder, and I find that this lasts a lot longer than any of my other foundations. 

If you have any skin problems, this foundation is great for coverage and is long-wearing. What I really like about this foundation is the fact that it looks so natural whilst still giving good coverage. It's quite expensive, as with all Charlotte Tilbury products, but I'd say it's definitely worth the money. 

If you haven't tried the magic foundation yet, I'd highly recommend getting a sample or trying it at one of the Charlotte Tilbury counters. If you're unsure of what shade to buy and you can't get to a counter, I'd recommend ordering from the Charlotte Tilbury website, then you can get the samples and try them at home before opening the foundation. 

Have any of you tried this foundation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment