Saturday 26 December 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette





I finally caved and bought the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette. I already own 2 of the Naked palettes and the basics palette, but never tended to use the darker shades, so I didn't buy the smoky palette straight away as I didn't think I'd use it. Since I've changed my hair to grey, I've been trying out some more silver toned eyeshadows and have strayed slightly from my neutrals recently, so I thought I'd treat myself to the Naked Smoky palette. 

I've been using it for a good few days now, and have already tried out most of the shades. I've really been enjoying the silvery blue shades, as well as my good old favourite neutrals (in the photo above I've used thirteen, combust, high, dirtysweet and radar) as well as my GOSH xtreme liquid eyeliner in bronze, which I got in my Press Tent Blogger Review box - and I really love it! 

I think I overlooked this palette to be honest as it's such a beauty! The four shades on the right are all matte - perfect for everyday - I love using combust as a base shade. This palette literally has everything you'd need for a daytime or more intense look and has options for both cool and warm tones. 

As always, the quality of shadows is amazing from Urban Decay, and I much prefer this packaging to any of the previous ones - I think it's so much nicer and more luxurious! The palette also comes with a dual ended eyeshadow brush (a blending end and a pencil brush end) which is really useful, and makes the palette great value. There were also some ideas/instructions included too. 

I'm really loving this palette and can't believe I didn't buy it sooner! If you're looking for something to spend your Christmas money on, or the perfect eyeshadow palette for a NYE look, or just to treat yourself, I'd highly recommend the Naked Smoky! 


No comments:

Post a Comment