Wednesday 25 March 2015

The Hourglass ambient lighting blush dupe?



There's hardly been a day since I bought my Hourglass ambient lighting blush palette that I haven't used it because I'm still obsessed with it. It looks absolutely beautiful for a start, the packaging and the products I just can't fault at all.

I find a lot of blushes are too pigmented and look a bit clown like, but these Hourglass ones are so flattering. They have a little bit of shimmer in them, but nothing too glittery. They're basically the perfect blush. The only thing is, this palette is £56 and is quite difficult to get hold of.

Max Factor have just released their Creme Puff Blushes, which are very similar. I've no idea why they names them creme puff, as they're definitely powder blushes. Obviously the packaging of these is no where near as beautiful, but they're only £8.99 and the hourglass blushes individually are £28.

I've been using the Max Factor almost every day now since I bought it. The one I have is Nude Mauve, which isn't an exact match of any of my Hourglass ones, but the formulation, application and lasting-power is exactly the same. I really can't find any fault with the Max Factor blushes.

There's a great shade selection both from Max Factor and Hourglass, and both will give you a gorgeous natural blush that just makes the skin look healthy. The difference is: one will cost you an extra £20 for beautiful packaging.

I love both of these to be honest, but I'd definitely recommend the Max Factor ones as they're just as good. Saying that, I love my Hourglass palette and would be lost without it.

Dupe? YES

Have you tried either of these blushes? x

No comments:

Post a Comment