Wednesday 4 March 2015

The lipstick that the world's gone mad for.












The beauty world seems to have gone completely mad over Velvet Teddy. It's out of stock everywhere, and I've been trying to get hold of it since November. I finally had a stroke of luck and found in in-stock on the MAC website (and it's currently in stock at the time of writing this). I had a little fright when my order appeared and it wasn't there, but it turns out that MAC had so many orders, they all got messed up, so Velvet Teddy was being shipped separately. 

At first glance, it doesn't look anything special. It's a beautiful nude brown shade but in the bullet looks like a different tone of some of my other lipsticks. It's when you use it that you realise what all the fuss is about. Somehow it's the perfect amount of brown and pink, and is flattering with peach tones running through it. The matte formula means that it lasts really well on the lips without a need for lip liner, and there's just something about it that looks great. 

I don't know if it's just me, but Velvet Teddy seems to look a bit different on everyone. To me it looks more pink on me than it does on some other bloggers, but that might all be down to lighting.

The shade is actually quite similar to my beloved Tom Ford coco ravish lipstick, except the TF isn't matte and is slightly more brown toned.  

So is it worth the hype? Yes, I think it is. It's not too expensive (£15.50), the colour is gorgeous, the formula is great, and it seems to be the perfect shade to wear with everything. 

Have you tried Velvet Teddy? x

No comments:

Post a Comment