Wednesday 8 July 2015

New hair.



It was time for a change. My roots were getting very noticeable, and I'd got a little bored of being bright blonde. I've thought about going back to my natural colour for a long time, but after a bit of a tough time recently, I thought 'sod it, time for a change'. I've been backwards and forwards between brown and blonde over the last few years, so I didn't want to go back fully brown as I'm paranoid about getting those dreaded orange tones again! I went back to the same hairdresser as last time (Beth at Toni&Guy Mosley st, Manchester) who is amazing, and is easily the best hairdresser I've ever been to. I had a chat with her about what I wanted, showed her about 20 pictures of Alexa Chung, and we decided on a balayage colour with a dark blonde very similar to my own shade. My hair was pre-coloured to prevent any orange fading, and then was coloured using a mixture of dark blonde and an ashy light brown.
I'm really pleased with my new hair, and it's such a big change (it looks more brown in real life), and hopefully I'll be able to get my hair in better condition now that there isn't as much bleach in it! I'm also really happy that it looks a lot more natural.
My cut is pretty simple, it's all one length as my hair is naturally curly/wavy so layers just don't work for me, and then I have some shaping around the front, with two 'fringe bits' to cover my baby hairs that annoy me!
So I'm back to the dark side (well, darker side of blonde).

No comments:

Post a Comment