Saturday 11 July 2015

Weekly Roundup #1


I'm starting a bit of new feature today, a weekly roundup of things I've done, and things that I want to share, but not necessarily in separate posts. I used to do something similar years ago, but I thought I'd bring it back! 

Movies/TV
I watched Ted 2 on Wednesday at the cinema. I was feeling really down so thought it would take my mind off things. I hadn't seen Ted 1 but me and my friend thought it looked good so we went to watch it.  At first I didn't think I'd like it, but I actually really enjoyed it. I'm not usually a comedy fan but it was a really good movie and it definitely took my mind off things! If you've no idea what it's about (like I didn't), it's a teddy bear that comes to life and in this movie he fights for civil rights to be acknowledged as a real person. It sounds boring, but it's really funny and great if you just need to take your mind off things! 
I've also been watching 90210 as I've got free time now I've finished my PGCE, although as I said I'm pretty down and don't feel like doing much. If you liked Gossip Girl, you'll probably like 90210, it's basically the LA version without the online blog. 

New Hair 
I'm really loving my new hair, and I'm glad I've moved away from blonde. It's true that changing your hair can make you feel so much better about things! Hopefully my colour won't fade too quickly and I can stay on the dark side! 

Music 
Years & Years released their album yesterday - it's so good! I never mention music on here, but this album is great! I first heard them on Radio 1 (I like the breakfast show on my way to work) and have been obsessed with their music ever since. Their live set from Glastonbury (on iPlayer) is also really good. Usually albums are a bit hit and miss, but there's not a song I don't like on this one! Other albums I've been loving are: Florence and the Machine - How Big How Blue How Beautiful (I LOVE Florence) and La Roux - Trouble in Paradise (I've been listening to loads of La Roux since watching her Glastonbury performance). 

General
I'm turning 23 on Monday and honestly I don't really feel like it's time for my birthday. Every year I think 'next year will be better' but it never seems to be. I'm just so down at the moment as nothing seems to be going right and I don't really feel like celebrating. I'm going to go shopping though which will hopefully make me feel a bit better and be able to enjoy my birthday a bit! 

I hope you've all had a great week! x


2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that you are feeling down at the moment, we hope that you feel better soon! So glad you thought Ted was good! We want to go see if but we've heard from some others that it was disappointing! Completely agree Years & Years album is really good! Love reading posts like this they're super interesting!
    - Lauren & Rachel xx | http://theflowerthatblooms.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! I do thankyou! I really liked it - I didn't know what to expect haha! Glad you enjoyed the post! :) x

      Delete