Saturday 4 July 2015

Colouring for Adults?


There's been a bit of a trend recently of colouring for adults as a method of stress relief and relaxation. Now I'm not usually one for the random trends, but I loved colouring as a child and have been feeling a bit stressed lately (final weeks of PGCE) so I thought I'd give it a go.

I thought 'how can colouring help stress and anxiety?' and although it took me a little while to get into it as it's quite a slow process ( I'm usually one for getting things done, not chilling out), it actually works! It must be something about taking your mind off troubles and forcing your thought process to slow down, or maybe its focussing on the colours or pictures, I don't really know how it works, but it does.

I've finished my PGCE yesterday and these last few weeks have been stressful, and I have a couple more weeks of interviews, dentist appointments and other stressful things so I'm glad I've found something I can do in the evenings just for half an hour or so that helps to ease the stress a little. I've also been quite moody recently (I think due to being so busy and feeling stressed) so spending a little bit of time doing something like this helps me to calm down a bit. 

Now I'm not saying a colouring book will rid you of your troubles and anxiety, but if you're getting a little stressed, and you liked colouring as a child, I'd recommend having a go. You can buy the colouring books at loads of places (e.g WH Smith) and it's a really inexpensive thing to try. Or if you're still a child at heart, you'll probably also like it! 

Also, apologies that there hasn't been any Saturday posts for the last couple of weeks - I've just been so so busy!! I hope you all have a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment