Friday 17 April 2015

Urban Decay Naked Basics 2


I thought I'd do a little one-off Friday post today - I never normally post on Fridays but I thought seeing as my Easter holidays are coming to an end even though I wish they weren't, and also to celebrate 300 bloglovin followers on my Wordpress blog (THANKYOU!) I'd do a little bonus blog post!

I picked up the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette this week, and have already filmed a makeup look/tutorial which will be up on my YouTube channel next Thursday. But I thought, before you see that, I'd do a little blog post of the un-used pretty looking palette!

I should start off by saying that I don't have the original Naked Basics palette, but I do own the Naked 2 and Naked 3 (I still haven't got Naked 1 or Naked Basics 1). I like the idea of these basics palettes as sometimes, the Naked palettes can be a bit overwhelming, especially if you're trying to be quick/ in a rush in the mornings. The basics aren't as cost-effective as the originals though, they're £23 for 6 shades, whereas the original palettes are £38 for 12 shades.

The main difference in the shades between the basics palette and the original is that there is only 1 shimmer shade in this palette. The lightest shade, Skimp, has a slight shimmer to it, but all the rest are matte. The shades Cover and Primal and Undone could also be used for brows depending on what shade you are (I'd probably use primal).

After using these shadows I'm pretty impressed. Urban Decay's eyeshadows are always amazingly pigmented, blend easily, last well and are just easy to use. These matte shadows are great for an everyday look, but can be smoked out using the darkest shade. I think they're very wearable, and I can see myself getting a lot of use out of this palette. I also think they'd work very well with other shadows, especially with palettes that lack a few matte shades. And of course, for travelling, this is a much better option than the original Naked as it's much smaller.

The packaging is simple but I much prefer it to the other Naked palettes I own. Overall I'm impressed with this palette, and if you want to see how I've used it, don't forget to be subscribed to my YouTube channel so that you don't miss next Thursday's tutorial video!

On the topic of followers/subscribers, thank you to everyone who follows/ subscribes to me, when I reach a bigger number (probably 1000 on my bloglovin and youtube) I will be doing a giveaway (if you guys are interested)!

Also, please let me know if you follow both this blog and my wordpress, and if you do, which you prefer as I'm thinking of going back to just wordpress so let me know :)

Have a great weekend! x

2 comments:

  1. I really want to try the basics palettes but I'm not sure if it's worth it if I have Naked 1 and 3? Those look like lovely natural shades though. Great review!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say if you want or use more matte shades, the basics palettes are worth it, and they're good for a really basic everyday eye, but if you prefer shimmers or don't need/want mattes then maybe they'd not be worth it! You could always try the Collection nude palettes as they're about £2.99 and one is quite similar to the Naked basics, I have a post on them if you want to know more! Hope that helps! x

      Delete