Wednesday 29 April 2015

Money Saving tips.


We all know I love to shop. But I like to think I'm a savvy shopper, and there's nothing I love more than a good discount, so I thought I'd share my money-saving tips with you!

I'll start with the obvious Boots Advantage card. This is amazing, you collect points on everything you buy, which mount up (pretty quickly) and you can then exchange them for products up to the value of your points. I've currently got £30 on mine! Boots also send out coupons in the post, and you can print them from machines in-store. These are great as they're usually either for money off products, or to get additional points!

I also love the N Dulge card from Space NK, which is another points card. Every time you spend £100 in store or online, you receive a £5 reward. Sounds like a lot to spend, but it really doesn't take long in Space NK. I also like the Debenhams beauty card which works similarly, but I don't usually shop in Debenhams so it takes me longer to build up points. Super drug also have a loyalty card, which again, I don't use often, but you need one to be able to get NUS discount.

NUS card. If you're a student, you NEEED this! It's my last year of being able to have one of these, but they get you discounts everywhere, including free food at McDonalds. They're £11 to buy, but soon pay for themselves.

The Body Shop card gives you 10% off purchases, and is free for students. Otherwise I think it's £5 to join, but you do get a free gift. You also collect stamps on the back, which eventually turns into more money-off.

Elle magazine is fantastic for offers, but the subscription, and the ELLE insider card is where it's at. There's loads of offers with this including 25% off at Toni&Guy, money off in various stores each month, and the subscribers get more discount than if you buy the copy in-store. The subscription also saves on the cost of the magazine, so it really is a no-brainer.

John Lewis and Waitrose also do good reward cards. Waitrose gives you a free tea or coffee every day, plus money off your grocery shopping. John Lewis send you vouchers for either money off, or free cakes!

Costa is also a good card. I used to work there and it drove me mad when people didn't use them! You collect points (like a boots card) and then can redeem them for free food and drinks.

So, if you're not using some of these cards and coupons, I'd recommend trying them! Most are free and really do make a difference, I've saved a fortune!

2 comments:

  1. great post! seriously my NUS card has definitely done wonders! :) xx

    ~Thevya
    truelythevs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! - glad you liked it! mine too!! :) x

      Delete