Friday 19 September 2014

Birchbox August Full-Size Favourites




















Last month's Birchbox was full of amazing samples, and I was very lucky to receive my 3 favourites in full size. I'm always really impressed with my Birchbox boxes and I love trying out new products. (I used to subscribe to Glossybox but I much prefer Birchbox as it's more consistent with quality of samples) 

My first favourite product is the Supergoop CC Cream. I have the shade light/medium which is a really good match for me. What I really love about this CC cream is that it applies beautifully. I quite often find that BB and CC creams are sticky and feel very wet on my skin, which I really don't like. This one feels like a liquid foundation mixed with a moisturiser and doesn't cling to any dry patches, or make me look shiny. I'd say it leaves a healthy glow, and looks very natural on the skin. A light layer is virtually undetectable. I've also worn it underneath my Tarte Amazonian Clay powder foundation for a higher coverage finish, and also mixed it in with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua to get a really sheer coverage (I had a really good skin day that day!). 

I'm really impressed with it, and have used up my little sample completely. A little bit of this product goes such a long way, and I find I can achieve light to medium coverage with this. It hasn't broken me out at all and has protected my skin from pollution and the sun. I've also found that I don't need to use any primer with this as it stays on perfectly with out (and I normally need primer with everything!). Because it's moisturising, I've found that unless my skin is really dry, there's enough moisturiser in the CC cream to keep my skin hydrated all day, making my morning routine super-quick (perfect for my very early starts for my uni and placement days). I've tried it with different brushes and using my fingers, and it works well with either! I really can't recommend it enough, I'm so impressed that I would be happy to repurchase it. 

My second favourite is a detangling spray. Now if you've been following me for a while you'll know that I have seriously knotty hair! Any detangling products always go down a treat with me, and if they work, I get strangely excited! This one smells absolutely amazing, and works so well on both wet and dry hair. I just spray it into my hair before brushing as I find it really reduces breakage and leaves my hair feeling silky soft.

This product is also vegan, gluten-free, sulphate-free and paraben-free, so it's perfect for everyone. It also doesn't weigh my hair down at all and is great at taming frizz and fly-aways. My hair is also coloured so I'm a good test for a nourishing hair product, and this one definitely passed the test. Also, I couldn't not mention the gorgeous sleek packaging, it looks so sleek and sophisticated on my dressing table and I know it's not all about the packaging, but I do like things to look nice! It's not a cheap product, but neither are all the other detangling sprays I've found that really work, I guess you get what you pay for! 

Last but not least is quite a weird Birchbox sample. I received the first chapter of The Proposal in my Birchbox, and I'll be honest I hardly ever read. I've recently treated myself to a kindle paperwhite in an attempt to fit more reading in, and I've found I actually really enjoy it. I used to put it off so much because I have reading difficulties, but I've also found that it's really improving my reading skills and I'm enjoying it more and more! I'm currently reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn on my Kindle, which I'm really enjoying (I'll review it when I've finished it). I can't wait to read the rest of the proposal when I've finished Gone Girl, as I really loved the first chapter and I really want to know what happens next! If you like romance and historical novels, I'd say you'd probably like The Proposal.

I think having a book sample in a beauty box is a really great idea, as I find it so hard to choose a book to read!  (anyone else find that?)

You can probably tell how impressed I am with these products! If you try anything let me know how you get on with them, I really hope you love them as much as I do! 

Have a lovely day xx

*These products were sent to me for free from Birchbox to review. However I pay for my Birchbox subscription myself, and am not obligated to write good reviews. All opinions are 100% honest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment