Thursday 18 September 2014

John Lewis Autumn Fashion Magazine






















It feels like forever since I’ve done one of these fashion collages! John Lewis have just released their Autumn fashion magazine, and I’ve been invited to share it all with you. I’ve chosen 5 items that I think are perfect for this season’s trends.
Firstly, I’ve been loving Scandinavian style recently, and have been getting so much inspiration from Swedish and Stockholm street style (blogs and websites). You probably know that monochrome plays a huge part in that, and it’s been really inspiring a lot of my recent purchases.
We all know I love my skinny jeans, I basically live in them (Apart from when I’m on uni placement and am not allowed!). I chose this grey pair as they’re a bit different from my standard black and denim ones. They’re still really versatile, and I’ve recently been loving grey! I also think grey adds a bit of interest to a monochrome look, and can easily be styled in so many different ways.
I’ve also been loving silver recently. I’m usually drawn to rose gold and yellow gold, but this season there are so many gorgeous silver pieces, and again I think it works so well with monochrome. The bangles are super simple, so they can be layered with other bracelets or worn alone. I also love a bit of mixed metal so I think they’d look great with some of my other jewellery. This distressed bag is so unique, like a luxury shopping bag. I’ve not seen anything else like it, which is why I was so drawn to it. I love to add leather into my outfits as I just love the texture of it. This bag is also big enough to use as a work or day bag, which makes it super versatile!
As I do love a bit of leather, I was also drawn to this Cropped jacket with faux leather trip. It could be easily dressed up for work with a shirt and some trousers, or could be worn over a basic tee and some skinny jeans. Black jackets are so useful, and can be worn all year round, so are a great investment.
Last but not least is this amazing ring. I love a bit of unusual jewellery and although it’s expensive, I think it’d go with practically everything and again it’s perfect for both formal and casual wear.
I hope you enjoyed this post, you can see the rest of the Autumn edit here, as I’ve only shown you a very small selection of the new collections!
Hope you’re all having a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment