Wednesday 3 June 2015

Anastasia contour kit review.



There's been a lot of talk about contouring recently, and I thought I'd try it out with the Anastasia contour kit. Now I've said this before, but I'm not a fan of the Kim Kardashian look as it's just too 'done' for me, but I have discovered contouring, and I do really like it. 

This palette has 6 shades - a shimmer highlight, a matte highlight (I use this as an allover setting powder), a yellow powder (perfect for under-eyes), a warm toned matte bronzer, a cool toned matte bronzer, and an ashy contour shade. 

I've been using all of these shades to create the perfect contoured base, and I love it. These powders are pigmented, but blend so well that they're really easy to work with, and won't leave you with that over-done look. Of course, if you're going for that Kim K look, this palette will give you that but for me, I like things a bit more subtle. 

I've been using this palette pretty much every day, and have been really loving it. It's not the cheapest, but it's not badly priced in my opinion and for me, it's worth the money. 

So there's my first venture into the world of contouring, I think I'm converted. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so desperate to try this palette! : ) It looks so beautiful. You can't beat a strong contour and highlight. xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! I just uploaded a GRWM video using this if you're interested to see it in action! :) xx

      Delete