Monday 12 January 2015

Laura Mercier Artist's Palette for Eyes and Cheeks


















I've kind of neglected blogging recently, as I've been really enjoying making videos, but I want to get back into doing a few 'traditional blog posts' and I thought I'd start with the Laura Mercier palette for eyes and cheeks. If you've been watching my YouTube videos, you will have seen that I showed this palette in my boxing day haul, and used it in my Chatty makeup tutorial which I uploaded yesterday. It's sadly not available online anymore, but I couldn't resist not sharing it with you as it's so beautiful. 
It contains 8 eyeshadows and one cheek shade, which is a kind of blush/bronzer hybrid called Rosegold shimmer. It's absolutely beautiful. I've been using it as a blush and I love the look it gives. I can see this being a beautiful highlight for darker skin tones too. It's a little too shimmery to use for contour, but I think it's lovely as a bronzer or blush. 
The eyeshadows are really nice too. I really can't fault Laura Mercier products at all, everything I've tried I've loved! The pigmentation is really good, they apply nicely, blend well, and have good longevity. I've used the nude/pink tones more than the others, as you all know, I like the neutrals! However, I am looking forward to being a bit experimental with the green and navy. I don't use much coloured eyeshadow at all, but I think these two are subtle enough that I wouldn't feel scared of using. 
If you can find this palette anywhere, I'd recommend picking it up, and if not, I'd recommend looking at a Laura Mercier counter! Hope you're all having a lovely day! 
I'm also trying out a new schedule for videos and blog posts which is:
Sunday & Thursday: New videos 
Tuesday & Saturday : Blog posts 
I'm going to try my best to stick to it, but if I get more time, there might be a few bonus posts!! Equally if I get less time, there might be a post less or something! But I'll try my best! 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment