Friday 2 January 2015

Current Reads | Alexa Chung & Choupette




















It's not often I blog about books, because it's not often that I read them (or finish them at least). However, I've really enjoyed 'reading' two books in particular over the Christmas holidays. Both are what you might call 'Coffee table books' that you can pick up and put down at any time. 
Alexa's book is a collection of photographs, anecdotes from her life, and her idols, style tips and thoughts on various topics. It's a bit of a strange book really. Not an autobiography, not a style journal, in fact there are very few photos of Alexa herself. I think it's an interesting book, and has been an interesting read. It's a book I know I'll continue to pick up and flick through. The book isn't really in any sort of order, which I quite like actually. If you prefer more of a novel, you might not like this, but if you're more of a magazine fan, I think you'll like this, or if you just like Alexa Chung (who doesn't?). 
Choupette | The Private Life of a High Flying Fashion Cat, is a book about Karl Lagerfeld's cat, Choupette. You may already know that I've long been a fan of Karl Lagerfeld, and of course, I'm an animal and fashion lover, so this book is perfect for me. If you do have a cat, there are some recipes for fancy cat meals, which might be useful to you. The book also has some beautiful photography (by Karl himself) and some fun quotes and anecdotes about Choupette and some other cats and their owners. It's a really cute, interesting book. If you're a fan of fashion, cats or Karl, I'm sure you'll like this one. 
Hope you've all had a lovely festive period, it's gone far too quickly if you ask me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment