Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Birchbox


















BIRCHBOX

I'm a little late with this month's Birchbox, although I'm doing better than last month! As usual I'm really impressed with the box- I honestly haven't been disappointed with any of my boxes! The theme for September is Happy Days which is nice as September seems to be the month of new starts as most of us are back to uni/work school and it kind of feels like a second January sometimes!

All subscribers received the ModelCo Lip Laquer, but Birchbox gave us the option to choose the shade. If you're subscribed to Birchbox, keep your eye on their instagram account, as that's usually where these kinds of things are announced. I chose the shade 'Viva' which is a nice pale nude-ish pink colour (the kind of shade I usually go for!). It has a gorgeous sweet scent (very similar to the Tanya Burr lip glosses), and is a very cute sample size!

I also received the Agave Healing Oil Treatment which will come in super handy as I've just gone lighter so have quite a bit of bleach in my hair now, which makes it quite dry. I love a good hair oil as I do struggle with frizz, but I end up using them on a daily basis as I have thick hair which can be quite difficult to manage. I haven't tried this one yet, but I'm excited to do!

Two skincare products in my box this month are the Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream and the Premae Mild Dermabrasion Face & Body Scrub. I do love my skincare as you probably all know, so I'm always happy to see skincare in my Birchbox, especially from some of my favourite brands. I haven't tried these two products yet, but I've tried other skincare from Premae and Benefit, which I've been really impressed with, so hopefully I'll love these products too!

I also received the Korres Citrus Showergel. I've tried the matching body lotion before as it was in a previous box, which I really liked, so I'm happy to have received the matching shower gel. Citrus scents I find are great for in the mornings as they really wake me up, which I definitely need, especially for my 6:30 starts that are way too early for me! (I'm definitely not a morning person!)

Last but not least are two lifestyle extras. I love these little extras that Birchbox add in, it's a bit like getting free gifts! The little photo clip is super cute, and I'll definitely make use of it! (there's also a full set available from the Birchbox shop)The Strawberry Urban Fruit looks good, and I'm back on my strict diet, so it'll be a better lunchbox choice than a biscuit!

I'm really impressed with the box this month, and there's nothing in there that I won't make use of, which I find to be really consistent in Birchbox!

Hope you're all having a lovely week so far! Happy October too, it's officially Fall/ Autumn! x

No comments:

Post a Comment