Saturday 5 March 2016

iPhone 6s+ review



I upgraded my phone a couple of months ago, so I thought I'd do a little review & what's on my iPhone post incase any of you are thinking about upgrading to the iPhone 6s+. 

I was undecided for a while whether to go for the 6s or  the 6s+ but I decided on the bigger one after thinking about what I use my phone for the most: photos, emails, social media. 

Pros
Large screen is great for photo editing, web browsing, social media, youtube and emails. 
Screen is a lot clearer than the previous 5s I had 
Speakers are improved
I love the rose gold colour I chose 
I went for the 64GB meaning I have loads more space

Cons 
The off/on button is on the side which is really irritating. I find I catch it all the time especially when altering the volume which is on the opposite side. (I think this is the same for the 6s) 
It's too big to fit in most pockets 
It's a little awkward to use at the gym for music as its so big, so I did invest in a specific arm band thing from Amazon.
It's difficult to find nice cases that fit properly. I ordered a skinny-dip one which was lovely, but didn't quite fit properly over the buttons, so I just have a plain clear one on at the moment. 

Overall Thoughts 
I really love this phone, and once you get used to the larger size, it's so much nicer to use. I found it a little awkward at first, but now I find the normal size far too small!! 

Apps 
I don't have loads of apps, but I thought I'd share some of my favourites in this post

My Fitness Pal - I use this to track calories instead of my old fashioned writing it down in the notes and it's so much easier! I also track my exercise at the gym using this, and my weight. 

VSCO - This is what I use to edit my instagram pictures and apply my filter 'theme'. If you don't follow me on instagram, you can see my profile and theme here. I just like the look of an instagram theme, and it makes editing photos easier as you can just copy and paste the edits. 

Face tune - I don't use this to airbrush selfies, just make whites whiter and smooth any parts of the photo that don't look right. I tend to only use this for selfies, pics of my dog and things with a lot of white that I want to bring out. (Also, mine always has 18 notifications which I can't get rid of and are really irritating!!) 

Spotify 
I actually got Spotify premium in with my contract, which was great! I use this to listen to music as it takes up less space than iTunes, and you can also listen offline which is perfect for the gym. 

Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Natwest/Paypal - pretty self explanatory!! 

Unidays - great for student discounts! 

Harvey Nichols Rewards, Starbucks Rewards - I love a good rewards program, and both are completely free and don't require you to do anything as you just set up an account and purchases/points are automatically added, or you can scan receipts. 

Netflix - I love netflix, I usually watch it on a bigger screen but have it on my phone as I use it sometimes. I had a trial of Now TV which was good for The Walking Dead, but I didn't sign up as there wasn't any other programmes on that I wanted to watch! 

Wordpress - good for checking blog stats and comments 

ASOS - for addictive browsing!

So that's a little overview of my phone - I hope some of you found it useful! If you'd be interested in a video to go through my apps, or a similar post with my iPad mini 4 then do let me know! 
Hope you all have a lovely weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment