Wednesday 6 January 2016

Hello 2016.










Hello 2016.

2015 was a year of many ups and downs for me, but on the whole was a great year. I completed (and graduated from) my PGCE, started my first teaching job, attended some amazing blogger events, made new friends and stayed in touch with old friends, saw Florence & The Machine live (which was one of the best experiences ever!), started eating healthier, and became more confident and happier.

I don't have any traditional New Years resolutions this year but I do have some things that I'd like to do this year: 

1. Eat healthier
I eat pretty healthy anyway, but over Christmas have eaten a bit too much chocolate and not enough fruit & veg. I was eating at my healthiest around May 2015, and I want to get back to that 80% plant based/very healthy diet and 20% treats/junk food. I just think that worked the best for me. I also want to continue losing weight (I've lost around 6 stone up to now) and I also think eating healthier helps your skin, nails & hair too. 

2. Do More things 
I find that I don't really do many 'exciting' things, so I'm already planning a trip to visit a friend abroad in the Summer, and have decided to make things happen myself. Basically, if I want to do something, I'm just going to do it rather than waiting for anyone else. I've decided to be a bit more selfish in that way, as looking back on 2015, I spent far too long waiting for people to make plans and doing what others wanted, and I feel that I missed out on things. 

3. Take more time to relax 
I'm a bit of a workaholic, and am often either working at my job, doing my masters work, or working on my blog and youtube channel. I find it difficult to relax when I have such a long to do list, but I'm going to make an extra effort this year. I also plan on getting back into Yoga (I used to do it everyday, but found it hard to fit in when I started my new job) and watching films, tv and reading. 

4. Blogging 
I plan on sticking to my 2 videos and 3 blog posts a week as I think that worked pretty well last year. I also want to continue improving my content and making my blog & videos as professional as I can. I'm also hoping to grow my blog some more in 2016, and hopefully you'll stick with me too. 

5. Stress less
I'm also going to try and stress less in 2016. I get stressed easily, and although I think I do quite well at managing it, I'm going to try and not worry about the small things as much as I have done in the past. 

So there we have it, my New Year's resolutions (if you can really call it that). Just my plans and ideas for the new year ahead. 

I hope you all have a brilliant 2016, and do let me know what your resolutions and plans are too! x



No comments:

Post a Comment