Tuesday 10 November 2015

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit.




The Christmas beauty collections are here, and this is Hourglass's new Ambient Lighting edit palette. I already own the two previous palettes - the Ambient Lighting palette, and the Ambient lighting blush palette, which were the previous two years' Christmas offerings. I did clean them up a little for the photos, but mine are very well used. 

The Ambient lighting edit has 6 powders - 3 highlight/setting powder shades, 2 blush shades and a bronzer. As you can see from the photos - the powders are slightly smaller than the other palettes but are still a good size (plus these powders last a long time). I think this palette is the best one they've released so far, and as I said in Sunday's haul video - if they'd all been released together I would have just bought this one - simply because it has more choice and is a bit more cost-effective. 

I've tried all of the shades in the palette now (GRWM video coming on Thursday) and I'm really impressed with them. They're beautiful for creating a flawless, natural base with just the right amount of glow. Just a note that the bronzer is quite warm toned - so definitely not a contour shade, but is a really light glow bronze that's perfect for winter (and my very pale skin). 

The palettes are pricy as with all luxury beauty. The new Ambient Lighting Edit is £65, and the previous palettes were £56. I got mine from Space NK so that I could collect my N Dulge points. Also Space NK have had quite a few offers on recently such as free gifts and free delivery - they have a lot of Christmas gifts online too! 

The original palettes can be hard to get hold of, and I know the blush palette is out of stock pretty much everywhere - so if you like the look of this new Hourglass palette- I'd get hold of it quickly before it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment